The protein diet is a common nutritional system that helps to deal with excess weight. As the name suggests, this diet is based on proteins. At the same time, it decreases the amount of fats and carbohydrates. As a result, the metabolic processes in the body change. He has to spend a lot of fat to get energy.
Principles of a protein diet
Protein is essential for the proper functioning of the body. Muscle tissues, organs, blood cells and immune bodies are formed from this substance. It is also included in the structure of the skin, hair, nails.
The main functions of proteins include the following:
- Structural.Proteins are considered the basis for building the body. They are found in bones, hair, skin and muscles.
- Exchange and enzyme.The basis of hormones and enzymes is pure protein or its combination with other elements.
- Transport.Proteins transport important elements to organs and cells. This includes molecules, ions, nutrients. Thus, hemoglobin transports oxygen to the body's cells.
Proteins are essential for the proper functioning of the immune system. They provide reliable protection against infections. In addition, these substances favor beauty and youth. This is due to the renewal of elastin and collagen fibers.
Protein substances enter the human body from food of animal origin. It contains many valuable amino acids that are required by the body.
Plant proteins do not provide the body with enough amino acids. In addition, they can combine with other substances. This allows you to obtain a complete protein.
When there is a lack of proteins in the body, metabolic disorders occur. The basic principle of a protein diet is to replenish the body with important substances necessary for its normal functioning. In a normal diet, the amount of protein is usually 12%. During the diet period, this number increases significantly due to the decrease in the volume of fats and carbohydrates.
Characteristics of the protein diet
Eating a high protein diet is easy enough. This is due to the possibility of its adaptation to a person's personal preferences and taste desires.
For good results, you must follow the following characteristics of the protein diet:
- Registration menu.To do this, you need to start keeping a food diary. This can be done manually or using a special program.
- Discover the protein standard.To do this, you must focus on your body weight.
- Maintain a protein balance.The menu can include products that contain the necessary amino acids.
- Check the lower limit of the protein standard.Even outside the diet, the body must receive the necessary amount of protein. The average is 30 years.
- Monitor the biological value of proteins.It is better to give preference to fresh meat, eggs, dairy products. In that case, it is best to avoid processed foods in the form of bacon, sausage and ham.
- Combine proteins with herbs and vegetables.The diet should contain a sufficient amount of vegetables, fruits and herbs.
Benefits of a protein diet
The benefits of a protein diet is that it helps not only lose weight, but also achieve the following results:
- Increase muscle mass.Combining protein with strength training is considered especially effective.
- Reduces age-related muscle loss.Over the years, many people lose muscle mass. If you include protein shakes on the menu, you can avoid these losses.
- Strengthen the bones.The protein diet helps prevent the development of osteoporosis, which occurs frequently in women. This food system helps to minimize risks by 69%.
- Speed up wound healing.Eating protein-rich foods normalizes recovery processes after injuries or surgery.
The damage of a protein diet
The damage of a protein diet is that meat can be high in calories. Therefore, the uncontrolled use of proteins can cause weight gain. It is recommended to carefully count the calories and avoid exceeding the daily volume.
Severe carbohydrate restriction can be very stressful for the body. Sugar keeps the brain active. If you abandon it completely, there is a risk of worsening your mood and decreasing your concentration.
Lack of fiber in the diet and increased protein digestion cause constipation. To minimize kidney stress, you need to drink lots of fluids. In addition, vegetables and herbs must be present in the diet.
Other disadvantages of a protein diet include the following:
- Increased kidney load.When a large amount of protein is consumed, the oxidation of its elements - amino acids - causes an increased load on the kidneys. In addition, this feeding system can lead to the appearance of stones.
- Threat of metabolic disorders.During the processing of amino acids, by-products are synthesized that prevent oxidation of fatty acids. In the presence of a large amount of fat in the diet, the body accumulates poorly oxidized substrates. They cause an interruption in the action of insulin and increase the risk of metabolic disorders.
- Lack of vitamins and microelements.This risk is only relevant for rigid diets with a high protein content. Therefore, nutritionists do not advise the complete exclusion of fruits, vegetables and cereals from the diet. If that is not possible, it is worth taking additional vitamins.
Foods allowed and prohibited in a protein diet
In order for a protein diet for weight loss not to harm the body, you must follow these recommendations:
- drink plenty of fluids - at least 2 liters;
- drinking multivitamins;
- consumes at least 1200 Kcal per day.
The list of foods allowed in a protein diet includes:
- lean fish;
- skinless chicken meat - it is better to give preference to chicken, turkey;
- low-fat dairy products;
- veal and meat;
- apples and citrus fruits;
- cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage; cereals
- egg whites;
- mineral water, tea and coffee without added sugar.
Foods that are prohibited in a protein diet are:
- baked goods;
- canned foods;
- fatty dairy products;
- semi-finished products;
- sweet fruits;
- fruit juices, sweet sodas;
- vegetables with starch;
- jams; sugar
- and its analogs.
The way food is prepared is also important. It must be steamed, boiled, roasted. Do not fry food in oil or lie down with fatty sauces. To improve the flavor of the dishes, the use of herbs, salt, soy sauce, pepper is allowed. You can also use lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.
Protein diet for pregnant women
During pregnancy, the need for protein foods increases significantly. Most of the amino acids are spent on the child's development. Many people are sure that such a nutritional system implies only serious restrictions. However, a protein diet for pregnant women involves regulating these substances in the diet.
During the gestation period, it is recommended to eat up to 2-2, 5 g of protein products per 1 kg of weight. This means that the daily rate should be around 100-120 g.
At the same time, other foods must be present in the diet. Fats and carbohydrates must be consumed. They are necessary for the child's full development. In this case, it is worth giving up sugar, bread, pasties.
Each meal should include only 1 serving of protein foods. With the excess of these substances, there is a risk of overloading the body with its decomposition products. This significantly increases the load on the liver and kidneys.
Contraindications to the protein diet
The protein diet has contraindications in such situations:
- is over 45 years old;
- tendency to form blood clots;
- kidney disease;
- pregnancy; lactation
Protein diet for weight loss: menu of the week
The Protein Weight Loss Diet includes the following menu for the week.
- Breakfast:can consist of cottage cheese or unpolished rice with chicken, tea or coffee can also be enjoyed.
- Second breakfast:you can eat an apple.
- Lunch:you can eat boiled breast with a piece of brown bread.
- Afternoon snack:some plain yogurt.
- Dinner:may include poultry or fish with a vegetable salad.
- Breakfast:it's worth eating yogurt and drinking tea.
- Second breakfast:eat some unsweetened cheesecakes or an orange.
- Lunch:you can eat beef or turkey. Cooked vegetables are suitable as an accompaniment.
- Afternoon snack:you can drink kefir.
- Dinner:eat baked fish with vegetables.
- Breakfast:it's worth eating 3 proteins or cottage cheese. For drinks, tea or coffee is suitable.
- Lunch:Any fruit can be used, except bananas.
- Lunch:you need to make meat soup. A turkey with unpolished cooked rice also works.
- Snack:eat an apple.
- Dinner:It is worth eating coleslaw and meat.
- Breakfast:may consist of buckwheat porridge with milk.
- Lunch:may include grapefruit.
- Lunch:it's worth eating asparagus and chicken fillets.
- Afternoon snack:you should drink a glass of cooked fermented milk.
- Dinner:may include vegetables and cooked fish.
- Breakfast:Eat boiled chicken with cabbage and cucumber salad.
- Lunch:can consist of an apple and an orange.
- Lunch:Steamed fish or vegetable soup is worth eating.
- Snack:may include plain yogurt.
- Dinner:Meat and vegetable salad is fine.
- Breakfast:it's worth eating a protein omelet and drinking tea or coffee.
- Lunch:Any citrus fruit will do.
- Lunch:you can eat veal or chicken fillet and vegetables.
- Afternoon snack:it is worth drinking a glass of kefir.
- Dinner:may consist of roasted fish and salad.
- Breakfast:it's worth eating cottage cheese. Tea or coffee is also allowed.
- Second breakfast:you can eat an apple.
- Lunch:you can eat cooked meat and vegetable soup.
- Dinner:may consist of poultry and vegetable salad.
Subject to such a nutrition system, there should be 4-6 meals a day. The first meal should be half an hour after getting up. You need to have dinner 3 hours before going to bed. During the day, it is worth drinking 1. 5 liters of water.
Protein diet for 14 days: menu
If you are planning a protein diet for weight loss for 14 days, you should focus on the following menu:
- Food should be eaten 5 to 6 times a day. The first time, it is recommended to do this half an hour after getting up, the last - 3 hours before bedtime. Carbohydrates can be consumed until 2pm.
- Breakfast may include a portion of complex carbohydrates. This will require 4 tablespoons of boiled cereals - oats, buckwheat, brown rice. There is also no problem with eating a slice of whole grain bread. Also, eat some protein - 100 g of cooked fillet, 30 g of nuts, 1 egg, yogurt.
- Fruits should be eaten as a snack in the morning. Apples, tangerines or oranges are great options.
- In the afternoon, protein foods should be combined with starchless vegetables. This includes tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cabbage.
- It is recommended to season salads with 30 g of vegetable fats. The rest of the food is prepared without oil.
Protein diet recipes
For this nutritional system to be beneficial, recipes for protein diets must be tasty and varied.
Egg Cream Soup
This dish requires:
- 300 g of spinach;
- 400 g chicken fillet;
- 2 eggs; <150 ml of milk;
- spices, salt, parsley.
- First, boil the meat in 2 liters of water.
- Then remove it and cut into cubes.
- Add the chopped spinach to the broth and cook until tender.
- Pour the soup into the blender, add the milk, meat and eggs and beat until creamy.
- When serving egg cream soup, garnish with parsley and boiled egg.
To cook, you need to:
- 3 eggs; <400 g Chinese cabbage;
- 1 chicken fillet;
- 1 cucumber.
- plain yogurt; mustard
- Grind all the ingredients.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the salad and mix well.
- Sprinkle the protein salad with lemon juice before serving.
Protein ice cream
To cook, you need to:
- 1 pack of low fat cottage cheese;
- half orange;
- 1 apple;
- Cut the orange and apple into slices.
- Mix fruit with curd.
- Add a little vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Freeze for 30 minutes. The ready dessert tastes like popsicle.
Abandoning a protein diet
To record the results obtained, it is necessary to correctly exit the protein diet.
To do this, it is recommended to observe the following rules:
- Avoid sweets and heavy foods within 2 weeks after finishing the diet. In that case, preference should be given to light meals. If it is difficult to run out of sweets, you can add a spoonful of honey to the oatmeal.
- Drink tea without sugar. You need low fat cereals and dairy products.
- Lean meats and vegetables are recommended for lunch. Fish, meat, chicken will be excellent options. You can also eat several stews. Fruits are also useful. Of the drinks, you can choose green or herbal tea. Eggs are great.
- Dinner can be very light. A vegetable salad with boiled egg or a piece of meat is a good option. If you feel very hungry before going to bed, you should drink 250 ml of low-fat kefir.
- Of sweets, honey and fruit should be preferred. It is also acceptable to eat yogurt. In any case, these products must be consumed in the morning.
Protein diet: analysis of nutritionists
Nutritionist evaluations of the protein diet for weight loss are positive:
- “The main benefit of this diet is the feeling of satiety it provides. At the same time, protein foods quickly eliminate excess weight. Disadvantages include the risk of loss of skin elasticity and kidney failure. "
- “Any dietary restrictions must be taken very seriously. The diet should not completely exclude vegetables and fruits. Only then will it be possible to lose weight without harming health. ”
Protein Diet is a popular nutritional system that helps to eliminate excess weight and fill the body with vital energy. To obtain good results and avoid negative consequences, it is necessary to strictly follow the recommendations of nutritionists. Before following the diet, be sure to read the list of contraindications.